Parasound A21+ or PS Audio S700 monos?

Since I have some time on my hands, I've been playing with my hifi.  And it's time for a new power amp.
Rest of system is an Exposure 3010S2 CD player feeding a Naim nDAC, an Exposure 3010S2 or Conrad-Johnson PF2L, speakers are Monitor Audio Gold GX300s. 

In looking and reading, it seems like the Parasound A21+ and PS Audio S700 are the leading contenders.  New S700 monos are $1798; a 1 year old A21+ is $2000.  

Thoughts on them?
naimfan

Showing 3 responses by georgehifi

In sum, if your own A21 runs hot (but has normal air circulation), I’m certain that something is wrong. I’d suggest contacting Parasound’s Service Dept.
Told him that way back, he doesn't listen, or has an agenda.

Cheers George
but man it could heat a room The A21+ must be a who lot hotter.

This statement above is not correct naimfan, A21+ idle or at low level listening is drawing only 160w from the mains, as much as 2 x 75w light globes and with the size of those heatsinks they would be only warm to the touch. This amp would have around 8watts of Class-A on it. Sure if you want to pump it up to party levels, then yes it will get hotter.

Cheers George
+1 for John Curl’s linear design Parasound A21+
The Parasound A 21+ offers a lot of low-distortion power and isn’t fazed by impedance’s as low as 2 ohms.—John Atkinson
Sounds like the MA gx300’s with ribbon tweeters need some grunt, judging by HiFi News and record Review
"Bear in mind you will need a good amp to drive them."

The Class-D PS Audio doesn’t get a mention into 2ohms in the Stereophile tests, this is usually the case when they fall off a cliff trying to do it.

Cheers George