Paradigm Titan v3

I have a pair of these speakers. Years ago I damaged the tweeters. I now find myself needing a small bookshelf speaker and pulled these out of the closet. I reached out to Paradigm and they connected me with a local dealer who has given me a quote to fix both tweeters for $120 installed. They will install 2 new tweeters. My question is whether it is worth the money to fix them given how old the speakers are. They didn't get much use because I blew them not too long after buying them. However I recall that I probably did not pay much more than $200 to $300 max for them when new. So, what do you think? Am I better off just buying a new pair of speakers like the Energy CB-10s for about $95 more or will the speakers work just fine for many years to come after being repaired? I welcome any and all thoughts including those that want to tell me I am an idiot for posing the question in the first place.
mntnman62

Showing 1 response by 213runnin

I recently acquired a pair of Titan v3.  There is a reason why the Titan put Paradigm on the map.   The sound is very good, and they hit harder and lower than the Pioneers.  One thing.  You've now mentioned two pairs of speakers you own that are blown.   I would suggest not over driving the Titans, they are rated for 60 watts maximum input power.