Paradigm Studio 100 v.3 + Marantz sr5001

Hello,

I have just purchase a pair of Paradigm Studio 100 v.3 in cherry for a great price. My current amp is a Marantz sr5001 90w per channel, it also has a bi-amp. This allow me to use the front l/r and surround back l/r channels to power the highs and lows separately. Do you think this amp is sufficient to power these puppies? I have not picked the speakers so I haven't heard the final product.
garofalo8
I have never heard a Marantz Sr5001 but I can tell yo that 90 watts is enough to drive the Studio 100's. I also have never heard of anyone using an AVR to BI-Wire their speakers so I don't know how that will work out either. Here is what I can tell you. I had Studio 100's awhile back and they sounded good on all amps I tried, this includes Mcintosh MC2100, 105 WPC Adcom GFA 555 200WPC and Aragon Palaidium mono blocks 600WPC. All sounded fine and those speakers do like the more powerful amps but will do a fine job will a smaller amp.
Coman61,

Many newer 7.1 AVRs offer the bi-amp mode using the surround L&R Rear amp channels to power either the top or bottom of a bi-ampable speaker. Since many people will only use 2, 2.1 or 5.1 speaker setups in their system, the unused surround rear channels can be configured to output an identical signal to the front main L&R channels and allow you to bi-amp the main speakers. It's a nice feature and it would seem to be very easy to implement. All AVR receiver manufacturers should offer it.....

Enjoy,

TIC
Hmmmm, thats a pretty cool feature, guess I have been away from receivers for too long.
Hope you enjoy your new speakers Garofalo8. Should have all the power you need.
I had a pair of 100 V3's in my system for a couple of years. Sounded better with 500WPC Bryston than 200WPC Conrad Johnson (FET) or 100WPC Cary tube power. I can't tell you how many times I heard people say something to the effect "...those multi-driver speakers really like power!" Don't forget to put some thought into your speaker cabling.