Paradigm Persona series

I'm beginning to poke around and gather opinions and information about a "super speaker" to replace my aging Thiel 2.4s.  I like the idea of bass dsp room correction and I am a bit of a point source type imaging nut (thus the Thiels).  So among other choices I've been looking at the Paradigm Persona series specifically the powered 9H with room correction for the bass.  However I'm skeptical of the "lenses" i.e. pierced metal covers on the midrange and tweeter specifically because of Paradigm's claim that such screens "screen out" "out of phase" musical information.  The technology in the design seems superlative but I just can't get past the claim re out of phase information and the midrange and tweeter covers.  What could possibly be the science behind this claim?  It just seems like its putting a halloween moustache on the mona lisa given the fact that the company is generally a technology driven company.
pwhinson
No trudat it doesnt work that way.

Buy a Porsche put 82 octane gas into and put some cheppie tires on it does it drive like it was designed to drive?

The higher the quality the speaker the more resolving it is therefore you will hear more of what the amp is doing.

Why do you think people buy $20k-40k amps if they didnt sound better?

The combination of gear must combine to produce the sound you are looking for.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ Persona dealers
AT I was mimicking the point you made. That it can take years to get the best out of a pair of speakers. I was making my own point that I find it unacceptable that a high end pair of speakers is a black hole that needs years of tweaking to get the best out of! If a pair of speakers cost as much as the family car it should work out of the box. Anthem and Paradigm are the same company and if their 2 statement products don't whip the competition when paired I say they failed.
audiotroy's approach to audio is flawed. price has nothing to do with anything. im driving my jbl 4367 with electronics worth less than 1/20 of the cost and this is the best sound i'veever had.
I think most rational folks are with Trudat on this one.  If a speaker is so temperamental that they only sound good on a handful of products and you have to spend that much more on cable, cords and isolation devices, then something is not a great buy in audio IMHO.  Too many other great choices that will give awesome sound for much less and is easier to set up (cheaper).