Paradigm Persona series

I'm beginning to poke around and gather opinions and information about a "super speaker" to replace my aging Thiel 2.4s.  I like the idea of bass dsp room correction and I am a bit of a point source type imaging nut (thus the Thiels).  So among other choices I've been looking at the Paradigm Persona series specifically the powered 9H with room correction for the bass.  However I'm skeptical of the "lenses" i.e. pierced metal covers on the midrange and tweeter specifically because of Paradigm's claim that such screens "screen out" "out of phase" musical information.  The technology in the design seems superlative but I just can't get past the claim re out of phase information and the midrange and tweeter covers.  What could possibly be the science behind this claim?  It just seems like its putting a halloween moustache on the mona lisa given the fact that the company is generally a technology driven company.
pwhinson
I would like to mention that like all of us I have read audiotroy providing his opinion on specific gear and proper systems matching. I always had the impression he was open to questions and today I did happen to call with one. Dave answered the phone and I would like to say he was generous (very) with his time and a pleasure to speak with. I would like to visit his showrooms, but its a bit of a way from Vermont.

Tough crowd here....  I just purchased the Persona 3f's several months ago and am very happy with them.  They are definitely brighter than many other speakers but that does not bother me at all as I usually over do it anyway on both bass and treble. 
They are definitely a dichotomy. In different setups they sound different.  I have setup them up with different McIntosh gear and even an old Vincent 236.  I like them and have put the full wrath of my MC501's through them where the power guard is blinking at me and think they sound as good at low power as they do running full bore. 
They definitely expose weakness in your system and may just keep them around just to test gear.....lol 
My Personas 9H are improving everyday...not bright at all. Glorious midrange and fantastic bass (anthem room correction helps a lot!).
At the dealer where I compared (in the same room with speakers in the same basic location), using my Hegel 30 amp, 30 dac, and Aurender music server (and Anzus C2 Cabling)...

The Contour 60s sounded "good" and had phenomenal bass... so extended, effortless, and with "punch" when called for. However, the soundscape was "monochromatic" or to use another visual example... it was like the color was washed out and subdued. At least they sounded that way when listening to them right *after* listening to the Sopra 3s.

The Sopra 3s had bass that was articulate, but less satisfying to my ears without a sense of weight and authority (though they did go low)... that's where the Dyns really beat them IMO. But the mids and highs were glorious... airy, open, extended, not shrill or bright at all... with resolution and micro detail that kept making me wonder how anything could sound higher-resolution than the red-book CD files I was playing. There was also a lush and alive sound to vocals that was seductive... which was why I ultimately bought them.

After having them for a few months I wasn't thrilled with how they sounded in my own living space (I had a hard time getting front/back holographic imaging with them for some reason in my own house... and that's a key criteria that makes me happy when I listen to high-end audio) and I needed cash given some unexpected issues that came up.

I kept my Ansuz cable upgrades (speaker cable and power cords) that I had done at the same time I had bought the Sopras and wow... that has totally transformed my entire system and made my old (I kid you not) AV 123 "rockets" sound better-than-ever. I hope in a few years to be ready to sound-treat the room and figure out what used speakers might be available at that time so I don't take such a financial risk/loss the next go-around.