Paradigm Persona series

I'm beginning to poke around and gather opinions and information about a "super speaker" to replace my aging Thiel 2.4s.  I like the idea of bass dsp room correction and I am a bit of a point source type imaging nut (thus the Thiels).  So among other choices I've been looking at the Paradigm Persona series specifically the powered 9H with room correction for the bass.  However I'm skeptical of the "lenses" i.e. pierced metal covers on the midrange and tweeter specifically because of Paradigm's claim that such screens "screen out" "out of phase" musical information.  The technology in the design seems superlative but I just can't get past the claim re out of phase information and the midrange and tweeter covers.  What could possibly be the science behind this claim?  It just seems like its putting a halloween moustache on the mona lisa given the fact that the company is generally a technology driven company.
pwhinson
The Persona was also my least favorite speaker out of the handful I demoed at a local dealer a few weeks ago: Spendor D7, KEF R11, Klipsch Forte III, KEF LS50, and my favorite by a mile the Aerial Acoustics 6T. Paradigm were detailed, but so uninvolving and bright that I just wanted to keep turning the volume down. Maybe one could live with them if all they listen to is audiophile garbage music that is recorded well.
riovendale, what was the dealers using for the setup?

If you use them with the wrong electronics they are going to sound like what you describe the Persona's are a much more detailed type of sound then all the other loudspeakers you mentioned we sell the Kef LS 50 and the Kef R11 which definately are a much more laid back sounding product. 

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ Kef and Persona dealers
Chain was Luxman DA-250 DAC into my Schiit Audio Ragnarok integrated amp. Ragnarok is neutral and resolving, so what you’re saying makes sense. What I thought was strange is that I hated the Persona sound, yet use Focal Utopia headphones on the same amp (also a very resolving beryllium design) without the same issues.
The Persona speakers seem to be a very polarizing design, with some loving them and others finding them to be too forward and objectionably bright. I've seen both user comments and reviews reflecting this dichotomy with extremely strong voices on both sides. There's no substitute for an in home audition when it comes to selecting speakers, and I think one would be particularly well advised to arrange one before purchasing the Persona speakers.
I agree with the audition advice. But these speakers measure with a large peak at 10 kHz and another one even higher. See: https://www.stereophile.com/images/918ParaP5Ffig4.jpg.

Buyer beware. :)