Paradigm 100 vs BW CM9 vs Aperion Verus vs KEFQ900

I am building a dedicated HT in basement (12 x 16). The more research I do, the more confused I get. I need some advice here. Movie/TV/Music % will be 60/20/20 approx. I have short listed Hsu VTF-15H Subwoofer ($ 1000). I am still on fence with the front three. I have shortlisted these.

Paradigm Studio 100 and CC690 - $4600
B&W CM9GB and BW CMC2 - $4250
Aperion Grand Verus trio - $2800
KEF Q900 and Q600c - Priced very similar to aperions

I have auditioned Paradigms and B&W but not at the same place/time. I liked them both. I have never heard Aperions but they have received glowing reviews. KEF dealer is atleast 200 miles away from where I live. Paradigms 100 on the other hand, despite mixed reviews, have a large and loyal following. I am ready to spend more if its worth it.

Thoughts?? Recommendations?? Especially from people who actually listened to these in a HT setup.
nonstopdoc1

Showing 1 response by english210

I listened to Paradigm studios (mid-$3K range) and B&W CM9's at one dealer, and was left unimpressed. Listened to PSB Imagine T2's at another dealer and loved them. Went back a few weeks later, after playing with my old Infinity's and adding a sub, and found the Imagine T2's to feel slightly veiled (almost like my ears were slightly plugged?), and the Synchrony's were in stock, so I listened to those. Very impressed, but didn't see $3500/5500 improvement over my Infinity. If I didn't have any speakers, the T2's would probably be it, although I'd aim for an in-home trial of both to decide. Paradigms and B&W left me cold, honestly.