Paradigm 100 v2 vs PSB goldi

Which of these two will play cleaner louder and still be refined in my 18'x 24' open ended room.
Aragon 8008B amp, Theta Dig. Front end.
Will add subs to aid from 40-50-hz down. I currently have Def Tech BP2000, but at louder volumes can sound strained/harsh and the built in subs run out of steam.(Also would like more refined sound then the def techs)
chuck_cawthra

Showing 2 responses by martice

I've owned the Paradigm 100'sv2 as well as the PSB Goldi's and although my equipment has changed since I had both I have to say that the PSB Gold's mid range is wonderful, especially for the price. The bottom end seemed a more full on the PSB as opposed to the paradigm. However, the Paradigm had a slightly tighter bass kick than the PSB and really more of a neutral sound to offer. I used the Paradigms with a solid state system and the PSB goldi's with the same solid state system as well as my now tubed based system. As far as using them in a room your size, how much you get out of either of these speakers will depend on your sitting position and the acoustics of the room. Both speakers IMO should be able to handle that much space and if not you're going to have to kick out a lot of extra bucks to find a speaker that can.

My humble system:
PSB Goldi's on 2" concrete slabs
Bryston 3Bst - 2-channel
Sonic Frontiers Line -1
Acurus ACD-11 / modified MSB Link DAC3
Harmonic Technology Truth Links ITC's
DH Labs Q-10 Bi-wired speaker cable
Vibrapods
Oh Yeah! Looking for a sub? Go to Svsubwoofers.com or Hometheaterforum.com and see what they are saying about SVS subs!! I'm talking tuned to 16HZ!!!!