Paradigm 100 v.3 – B&W 804 dilemma… please help

I was almost set to buy Paradigm 100 v.3 after auditioning them (well I auditioned 60’s and just assumed that the 100s will be better) last week but auditioned some B&W 804’s speakers today and now I am CONFUSED!

The B&W 804’s sounded really good. Clear and smooth but was powered by an 80 watt amp whereas the Paradigms were powered by a 200 watt Sunfire amp. Thus, I need to ask for advice from you experts again. How good are the Paradigm 100 v.3 compared to B&W 804? Has anyone auditioned for these two speakers and which one did you end up getting… why? I read somewhere that the Paradigm 100 v.3 are as good as the high end B&W Nautilus line. Is this true?

Additional question… what system would be better for 70% movies 30% movies system
1) Paradigm 100’s and studio cc + 20 side surrounds + studio cc rear
2) B&W 804 fronts and nautilus HTM 2 center + B&W CM or 600 series bookshelf speakers for my surrounds and rear.

Finally… for people who are familiar with B&W. How big is the difference between 804 and CDM 9NT?

Thanks
doodleboytoyb266

Showing 1 response by bld63

Both of these speakers have good and bad points as described above. They are compareable but different speakers depending on one's taste. Whichever sounds best to you is right. But I certainly don't think that the B&W's are worth almost twice as much as the paradigms. For the price of the paradigms new you're not going to do a lot better but the price of 804's new opens up a lot of other options.