Paradigm 100 v.2 /Sonus Faber Signum/ Martin logan

I was thinking of changing my speakers. I currently have the Magnepan 3.0's which were totally rebuild about 4 years ago. I was looking into the Paradigm Reference studio 100 V.2, the Sonus Faber Signum and the Martin Logan SL3's (all used).

Does anyone have an opionion as to which of these three speakers is the better speaker?

Can those Rather small Sonus Faber Signum's actually perform as well as Magnepan or Martin Logan? It seems impossible.
augeanpoop

Showing 1 response by tsmack

I will say that the Paradigm Studio 100v2 speakers are incredible at their price point and well beyond. They are speakers that need power though. I have had to upgrade amplifiers more than once to get enough power to drive them the way they want to be driven. Once you feed them the power, you do not need a sub at all. I have a REL Stadium III that I used to use in 2 channel listening, but once I got my Pass Labs X250 amp I unhooked the sub for 2ch and only use it for HT now. The Paradigm has a very flat response that allows you to hear everything from top to bottom. Some say they are bright, but I have found that it is not the speakers but system matching. The new reference and signature lines are on their way and the v2 speakers will be popping up for sale here shortly so some deals will be had. I have heard much more expensive speakers in my system and some have done certain things better, but in the end the studio 100v2s do so many things right that I upgrade my other components and cabling instead. A better preamp, cd player or amps make a bigger difference for the money. Just my opinion.