Paper Cones in HiFi?

I may be naive or uninformed but I've noticed several speaker mfrs using paper cones in speakers priced over $2k (ie Vienna Acoustics Bach and Sonus Faber Grand Piano). I always thought paper cones were for low end Radio Shack speakers.

Can some please educate me.

Thanks.
alivadariu
You can find many examples of current drivers that are very expensive that utilize paper cones--AER, Feastrix, Fostex, and G.I.P. come to mind.  
I've recently made ~~NUMEROUS~~ posts (more than the board can take). Concerning issues with anything paper/paper composite (Exceptions to every rule as you know). 
I've heard countless paper cones in the 1970's/1980's. Thats  just about the best that was offered back then..
But in 2002 when I began my speaker search,,I came across a  Seas Magnesium cone,, NOt knowing what the k=hoot magnesium was/sounded like,,I went ahead and trust the old famous Norwegain lab  on cone material choice.

IMHO, and for my musical sound preferences,, this material seems to work best for how i want to hear upper bass/lower mids.

Can the Magnesium do this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6B6WjAzuc8&t=5s

No
The W18 magnesium can not match the Scanspeak paper composite in this extremely accurate drum solo. STUNNING!!!

AS with any cone material there are tradeoffs.
I give up deep accurate rock soild drums, but gain in other fq's.
I just do not ever wish to hear a  paper/paper composite style mid cone.
Brings up old memories of a era I wish to forget..
That said, I do like  upper bass in the davidLouis 4 inch wide band **treated *paper composite cone.
I have the DL 6.5 arriving in days.
I am expecting same nice tight upper bass, maybe hitting 60hz...and  hopefully avoiding that **paperish* resonances.
Which explains why I would never come around to anything Wilson, nor Vandersteen. 

Dont get me wrong,  the Denmark lab, Scanspeak makes incredible midbass speakers. 
Equal to the Magnesium
But  do expect the paper type resonances in upperbass/lower midrange. 

Troels has no issues using Scan's or Seas new Nextel treated paper in his best designs... 
Just not my cup of tea.

There is paper, and there is paper. Paper is a laminate of wood (mostly) fibers, and can be a very sophisticated product.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sure
Scanspeaks paper composites are not regular old paper, The material is complex and have excellent, if not the very best lowest end  drum/percussion  reproduction.

For jazz i think the Scanspeak line are the best midwoofers.
I  listen to classical and so the Magnesium material has less (near zero) upper bass/low mids coloration.
A friend describes the Magnesium as being **neutral*.