panny 60u vs. 600u

The sales people all say that the difference between these 2 sets is not just in features, but that it has a "better video processor." I haven't been able to see them side by side with the same content, so I can't really tell. I will be hooking up sound through the stereo system, and using an external decoder from Dish Network, so I don't think I need any of the other features. Is the picture really better on the 600? It's quite a bit more $. Thanks. -Dave
dbw1

Showing 1 response by ptmconsulting

I'm also looking at the 60U. The price is right (@$1300 at some online vendors with good ratings).

Is it still a wise decision to also purchase the after market warantees when buying a plasma? Do the newer plasma's still suffer from issues that will need warantee work within 2 years?

Or is it worth it to buy from a local store (@$300-500 more) where you can bring it back easily if/when something goes wrong.

We've all been burned at one time or another by return policies (e.g. high restocking fees, buyer pays all freight, claims that it was never received, etc.). I only wish Costco carried this model.

Enjoy,
Bob