panasonic sa-xr45 vs marantz sr-5400

I am trying to make a decision on which of these two receivers to buy-the panasonic sa-xr 45 (soon to be xr70) or the marantz sr-5400 or marantz sr-6300-would appreciate any comments on the pros and cons of each of these receivers-thanks
franklin

Showing 1 response by panny

Most of the people that I hear agaist the new Digi amps are those that have a vested intrest on using conventional or have synergy issues with them.

They are remarkable value compared to what has come from Japan\orient in the way of A\AB receivers or other cheaply priced gear.

They act more like a Passive setup to me and there are always better things out there ,but at what cost?How many have the $$ to swap to get the best synergy. Many spend years. Till I find what I need for my particular setup then I will not lose out by using the Panasonic 45.

Remarkable as to how many discount them or do not do the proper setup and tweeks in order to get them to sing and do not really give them a chance. I really do not care that those that slam them as they lose.Money and quality sonic attributes for less.

While they can be sensitive to what is used with them they can sing given the right speakers. I found they work better with my 2-ways then my 3-ways.

Good luck on the hunt!