Panasonic Plasma

Question? - Panasonic plasma. TC-P65ZT60 and TC-P65VT60.  I know you can check the usage hours and counts (power on) by going into the Service Mode in the SRV-TOOL area.  I also saw where you can check usage hours by going into the menu, Menu-Help-Version-Status 4. The Status 4 line is suppose to show usage hours. Is checking usage hours through the Menu a reliable way to check hours? I am looking to buy one of these TV's and don't have one yet to try this out.Thanks

tomcheeser

back in 1993, a 42 inch plasma cost 10k! in 2007 my 50 inch panasonic cost 1.2k!! i've allways had direct tv but not the 'hd' box! the picture was ok untill i recently upgraded to the 'hd' box! man, what a difference! allmost like 'oled'!!!

To answer your question my understanding is yes that is an effective way to check hours. Got that from avsforum in one of the plasma threads. I own 3 VT, 1 ZT, 1 ST, and 2 PZ800u sets.  

they all work great.  Make sure you have adequate power protection from surges as does not take much to fry the A board. 

I much prefer plasma for everyday watching the motion is just so much better to my eyes.  Have a Sony 385es for the movie room but used the VT for 8 years prior and was great .