Panamax 4300EX or Monster Power Powerbar 1100?

Does anyone have any opinions on these budget surge protectors/ac filters? It looks like the Monster unit has a higher jule rating but the description of the Panamax says that the jule rating importance is minimized because of Panamax's AVM tecnology. I'm leaning towards the Panamax.
asahitoro

Showing 1 response by uncertainsmile

oddly enough i just hooked up the pf30. i had TERRIBLE noise and hash coming through my speakers as well as awful digital cable tv reception(except for the hd channels which were stunning) and it rid my system of all the problems. the graininess and bluriness of the tv has been reduced significantly, the buzz and hum fom my speakers is gone, and the hd looks even better. initial thoughts on musicality are a bit too early to really be credable, but, my sub(ufw-10) seems to have more attack and deeper extenison. upper end possibley a touch rolled off, but dynamics are still strong and soundstage still deep and wide. everything is very "clear". hope this helps. i simply bought it for a quick fix to see if power conditioning would help the noise from my stereo. i planned on returning it after lear ning the results, but now i don't know...