Pairing my Marantz SR8400 with a power amp. Is it worth it?

Hey there, new to the forum here. I'm in the market for a (likely used) power amplifier to pair with my Marantz SR8400. I'm specifically looking for a stereo amplifier to drive my front two speakers, the Paradigm Studio 100 V3, for music. Having not purchased AV separates before, my big question is: is it worth it on a budget? My budget is between $300-400 so it appears I'll be buying something used (totally fine). I've seen compelling offerings from Adcom, Emotiva, Parasound, and NAD, however, none of them offer a significant increase in power of my current integrated receiver. But does that tell the entire story?
What I'm looking for is a bit warmer sound and increased clarity at louder volumes. The Marantz does well enough, but in a larger room in doesn't quite cut it, and I'd really like to open these speakers up. What I'm NOT looking for is making these speakers any brighter than they already are. The brightness is fine as is, but anything more would be excessive. Any recommendations in my price range? Here's some I've found thus far:
Adcom GFA 5400 (best looking option, but 125wpc)
Adcom GFA 555 (significant power output. I question the quality and worry about the age)
Parasound HCA-1000a (comparable to the GFA 5400?)

Thanks!
bigdamn
The Big Lie is movies require surround. Everyone believes this lie, and it is a lie. You can watch movies perfectly fine in stereo. In fact, at your budget level, a whole lot better.   

The thing about sound quality, the operative word is "quality". Not quantity. The more speakers, amps, cables you buy the less per each you can afford to spend. What you wind up with is a lot of dreck. Every single time. When what you could have had is some pretty darn good sounding stereo. 

Don't take my word for it. Go and listen. You will see.
Yes,

You have an AVR with front pre-outs.

Now you need an Integrated Amp with ’HT BYPASS" Input.
(or a preamp with ht bypass input then a stereo amp or mono blocks.

Music: the high quality integrated for front stereo, it controls inputs and volume.

Video: HT Bypasss input, the AVR controls the volume along with center and surrounds that it drives, high quality still drives the front.

Now, pay attention to the bass,

IF any sub(s), because you want that extra bass for both music and video, so the music preamp or integrated wants to have preout/main in so you can go to sub(s) at line level, back to the amp after the sub’s crossover. That gives the front stereo amp and the front speakers a break, no longer trying to make low bass.
To clarify, I run two sets of cables from my PC sound card (SoundBlaster ZXR) to my receiver. A set of analog cables for playing music in dual channel (I prefer the sound of analog) and a SPDIF cable for surround in movies. This is the reason I'm looking for a stereo power amplifier, simply for music. The HT aspect is complete and I'm more than content with it.
Back in the day I added an Odyssey Stratos to a mid level Denon and was pushing Paradigm Studio 2s. Was it as good as a dedicated preamp and power amp? Nope. Was it a big improvement especially at high volumes? Yes big time. 
I think the Parasound and Adcom are descent choices. Might look for older Belles, Acurus, Aragon, etc. I think you can do descent for 400. From most accounts Emotiva is bright so may steer clear there unless you can try it out first.