overheating in DVP S9000es?

i have my 9000 installed on a shelf in my TV stand. it's somewhat closed off. but not entirely. there is at least 2" of space on all sides of the unit. it got pretty hot in there nonetheless...unless it just runs hot normally?

after playing CD's for most of the day yesterday, i put in a DVD and experienced some major video problems, i.e. digital "block" noise, jerky rate rates, etc. i have never seen these problems before, even with the same DVD disc. the player is running in progressive mode hooked up to my wega HD-ready TV. btw, it played CDs fine the whole time.

any ideas?
s2k_dude

Showing 1 response by aaronm

I also have a 9000es. It does run warm, but so does all my better equipment. -Especially the digital devices. That momentary pause approx half-way through the movie is the layer change. This is normal for most DVD players. As for the buttons'reaction time, have you tried alternate display modes? I've noticed that it takes one button push to bring the display up and a second button push to do the requested function. If the display is already on, then only one button push is necessary. Reagarding heat, I have also noticed playing DVDs make the unit warmer. This could be due to the additional D/A converters required for playback. It seems to run coolest when the Video Off and Digital Off settings are selected. I have had mine since Oct 2000 (w/ a low ser#)and have never had a problem yet. Best Regards, Aaron