Overhang for Ortofon 2M Bronze on Rega RB301

I just purchased an Ortofon 2M Bronze cartridge and am a bit puzzled about the overhang setting. The people I purchased the cartridge from said they set the cartridge so the front of the cartridge is flush with the front of the headshell. When I checked this with the Rega cartridge alignment protractor it shows the cartridge should be roughly 2 millimeters further back in the headshell. I listened both ways and thought the setting where the front of the cartridge was flush with the front of the headshell sounded the best. The other thing I was wondering about was the tracking force; Ortofon advised from 1.4 to 1.7 grams. I initially tried it at 1.5 grams and then 1.7 grams (as recommended by the people I bought the cartridge from). Surprisingly I like it at 1.4 grams. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
bobgates

Showing 3 responses by musicfile

Bob
How is the Ortofon Bronze sounding now that it's broken some more .. any changes to report?
Bobgates
How is the 2m bronze sounding in your system
I'm interested in this cart as well for my Rega 300 and Lenco table but the opinions are all over the map as to how it sounds ...
Thanks Bob
Did you need to insert spacers between the arm and Cart
if so how many