Outstanding 300b's for Push-Pull Amp?

I'd like to see if I can improve on the Golden Dragon 300b tubes that came stock with my amp. I've read as many reviews and comparisons as I could find and based on those, was just about to order the Shuguang Treasure 300B-Z tubes. But a couple of last minute phone calls threw a monkey wrench in my plan. I was advised that if the comparisons were conducted using SET amplifiers, much of what I was reading would not be applicable for my push-pull amp. If anyone can recommend 300b tubes for a push-pull application, I would very much appreciate hearing them. Thanks
phaelon

Showing 1 response by charles1dad

Hi Phaelon,
I beleive a SET circuit would be quite demanding and revealing of the intrinsic characteristics of the output tube. If it sounds good single end I can`t fathom why push-pull should be any different as now the tubes are working as a duo as opposed to solo responsibility of full signal wave propagation. I`ve owned the Shuguang Treasure 300b for well over a year and they are wonderful sounding as well as very reliable. The Full Music 300b SE is also raved about. 6moons has done some very detailed comparisions of various high end 300b tubes including the european brands.