Outlaw 990/7125

Its time to upgrade and I'd love your opinion, thoughts, suggestions. I currently have a Sony e9000ES pre/pro, Rotel RB-985 5 ch Amp, Denon 2900 DVD and B&W Nautilus 805s (front/center)B&W DS-6s (rear)and B&W ASW-3000 sub. My first priority is to replace the Sony.

I was initially going to keep it simple and go with something like a Denon 3806 or 4306, bypassing the internal amps. I figured I could use those for multi-room since they're assignable. Then, I discovered that there were a number of good separates in the $1K to $2K range and that changed my direction a little --- I think. I discovered the Sherwood Newcastle P-965 and the Outlaw 990. For some reason Outlaw appeals to me. I have called them twice with questions and Steve has spent a considerable amount of time discussing the pros of their equipment. He was extremley knowledgable and did not push one bit.

So I'm thinking of going with the 990 pre/pro and the 7125 amp. All up, its under $2K and I have yet to hear anything negative about the equipment. In fact, most reviews compare it to more expensive setups. I really appreciate good equipment and tend to think more expensive is better. However, with this purchase I'm trying to match my need rather than my ego. By the way, I'm probably 50/50 music/movies and rarely just sit and listen to music any more (yes, I have little kids!!).

Anyway, your thoughts on the Outlaw equipment would be greatly appreciated. Has anyone been unhappy with it? Has anyone found a no brainer alternative? I have thought about the Arcam 300 and some of the better integrated units but I do have a bias towards separates.

Thanks in advance.

Dave
dlodi

Showing 1 response by dlodi

Readster, Thanks. The offer a 30-day in home trial and I don't seem to take too many units back.