Otari or Technics Reel-to-Reel ?

Hi.
I am thinking about getting one of those in the future. I am sure I would want Studer but they are too expensive for me. I want the deck to be able to record on 7.5 and 15 and to play on 3.75, 7.5 and 15, both half-track and quater-track tapes.
I would be recording from vinyl making compilations and listening to studio recordings whenever I could get them.
I would be prepared to pay to have it properly cleaned aligned and calibrated.
I actually never delt with RTR, but in my heart I am a tape man not vinyl man.
What would your recommendations and advice be? I would appreciate any input based on knowledge and experience.
inna
Yes Atmasphere, 1/2" was great to work with, not to
mention the sonics. Wouldn't mind haVing a deck in my home.
Even though I'm only in my 50s, I grew up in the analogue
world of 1 inch 24/48 track recording. If I had my way,
studio sessions would still be recording to 1" tape.
What a wonderful sound.
There are a few engineers who have returned to analogue
recording/digital mastering.
Digital mastering is what destroys good analog recording. I have records like that, it's junk. Analog only, everywhere.
I totally agree, Inna. We would make our analogue masters, but if we wanted anybody to buy our music, the record plants require a HiRez digital file as the master. But I suppose we could sell a couple 1/4" reels/year.

I wonder if The Tape Project is making any money?
Lowrider57, the record plants take whatever media the master is on- 1/4" or 1/2" master tape or digital file, whatever. I say this as a mastering engineer; we have to be able to handle the master in whatever form it takes.