OT: CES January 2004

I haven't been to CES before. Can anyone provide me with a link to info regarding the upcoming event? I am interested in getting air and hotel reservations and would welcome any tips about seeing the show for the first time.

thanks in advance...
dwudman

Showing 1 response by rcrump

Tips for the CES.......Start taking Echinacea a week before the show and continue until you are back home.....Folks from all over the world will be there and they bring their germs......Break in some walking shoes now.......Take every imaginable type of grease and oil for your entire body with you as it is dry there, enough to split lips in a day.......Buy a few gallons of water for your motel room as the water just sucks in Las Vegas.....Weather can be anywhere from snow to 65 degrees during the day and 30-50 at night so take sweaters and dress in layers........Treat any CDs you bring to play there with Nordost ECO 3 after you get there as it is so dry they come across as bright without the treatment.......Make sure you are at the St. Tropez for lunch every day as it is free and Misty River will be playing the lunches. Have heard them live and they are really sensational.....Other than that no great suggestions other than book a room soonest......Cheapest is likely the Motel 6 on Tropicana and Koval Lane..........Carrow's (sort of like Denny's) is right in front and have a new Cuban steakhouse there as well........Add a hairdryer, alarm clock, shampoo and Kleenex if you go to Motel 6.......Been doing the shows for about ten years now........