Ortofon RS-309D opinions

A friend of mine offered me this arm for my TW Acoustic Raven One , I eventually 'll use it with the BenzLP

What do you think about this arm and the Benz combo

Thank in advance for opinions/suggestions

Curio
128x128curio

Showing 7 responses by curio

Hello Raul,

First my compliment for your knowlege in Vinyl Art , I follow your posts here since long time

Well , I asked around about the Ortofon RS309D and I got similar opinions but also the Jelco 750L (12" inches arm) sounds at the same Ortofon level but costing much less money.
Now I'm investigating about another 12" inches contender .. the Morch DP6 .. more expencve than the cheapo Jelco but less expencive than the Ortofon RS-309D
Do you know the Morch DP6 Raul?
In your experience is comparable to Graham Phantom or Triplanar?
Many say the sound of a 12" inches arm is totally different and not comparable also with best 9" inches arms..
Unfortunately I never heard a Morch DP6 12" or 9"
Thank Raul .. very interesting suggestions.
About the Audio-Technica AT-1503 IIIa the problem on the Raven One could be the arm rest.
Oh! I forgot to mention the Ikeda IT407 CR-1 16" .. Raul!
I guess it could be another good choice .. isnt' it?
Today is still available for $3200
Wow David! .. thanks alot for your post .. super helpful
Thank to your post we know the Ortofon RS309D is a very good choice for Raven One and BenzLP combo.

Now dear Raul ..the doubt about the choice between Ortofon RS309D and Ikeda IT-407 CR1 .. pratically I pay the two arm the same price .. which one to buy?
Hello Sprog,

Thanks for your opinion and welcome here on Audiogon.

I listened the Ortofon RS309D - A90 combo at Top Audio show in Milano and I agree it is a fantastic combination.
The probem is eventually with the Benz LP and unfortunately no one here owns this duo.
It would be interesting to have opinions about a Jelco 750L 12" inches with Benz LP , a cheaper combination.
Ortofon makes the RS-309D and the RS-309S , the latest is less expencive but I'm told by someone in Ortofon at the latest Top Audio Show in Milano it's the same arm.
Further the 309S has the classical counterweight screwed on the arm and maybe it's easiest to keep the correct VTF.

My cent!