Ortofon bronze PNP ALERT!!!!!

I purchased a PNP Bronze from a member who said it was less than two months old.
Its the one with the integrated headshell for SME mount or can be used without headshell on a Rega type arm.
Well,I undid the screws and was pulling off the tags,<I've been in Analog since mid seventies and own about 20
cartridges>Anyway the pins coming out of the cartridge body pulled right out.
  This has never happened even on my cheapest junk cartridge.
The seller had a reciept from Turntable Needles and Ortofon said they are not authorized dealer.
They also said it was clearly a manufacturing issue and should have not happened.

Meanwhile,they say I should go after seller for a refund.Well its not the sellers fault and I won't do that.
Neither is it mine,I've removed headshell wires hundreds of times and know what I'm doing.

What amazes me is how PETTY and Crappy a well known respected long time company can be.
ITs amazing that a company like Bryston can offer warranty work to the tenth owner in the 19th year and these
people won't even stand behind a obvious Quality Control DEFECT
Just a word of caution to Ortofon customers,think twice.
Steve

soundsgood05
I totally agree, that's why so many businesses are struggling. The internet gives us more options and smart business owners are putting themselves in customers' shoes. 

A good example is Tennis Warehouse in CA. They are willing to to give me a higher level of customer service than my local sporting goods store and started doing it 15 years ago. You could demo 4 racquets for around 10 days with a 2 day return label shipped in the box- just drop the box off at a UPS pickup point. I think it cost me around $20 but it's been s few years- very smart guys.

So many more businesses like this now. The business world is rapidly changing for the better in my opinion.

Gary

Touche',i got someone to agree with me,
Companies used to spend incredible amounts on advertising.Now its about
public relations from a grassroots perspective.I never once had
Nelson Pass tell me my concerns were stupid and did I buy it from an authorized dealer.Theres a new paradigm business mode.
Look at car insurance,spend billions on adverts,yet they are priced the same.
Shut up and put the money to better use.

Heres the kicker,a fellow bought a FFYX TT from China,the platter wobbled like crazy,he posted on YOUTUBE so everyone that googles FFYX is directed to that,what do you think that does for sales?i told Ortofon I would be doing the same,showing OOPS the pins came OUT!,this must be a new design.Thats what i thought when it happened.For now,I'm done.I'll return to my lowly Shure V15VMR,probably run circles around the Ortofon anyway.
Got side 1 and 2 of "This is the Moody Blues"cranked up,puts things in perspective.This has been fun,well worth the hundred or so dollars I might be out.
Soundsgood05, You are not an authorized Ortofon dealer and have no business disassembling a second hand cart and then holding Ortofon (or anyone) responsible for anything IMHO. I have owned dozens of Ortofons and you discredit our hobby to attack a company with such a long history and in such high standing, with such a frivolous case in point. I too am a long time Hi-Fi analogue guy and industrial designer and from what I can make out of your claim, I'm sorry, it is baseless. My advise? Get over it and move on. This should not be made as a public dispute. 

As for your comment on Nelson Pass, if I could understand it I would comment. Sufficed to say, Nelson is but another fountainhead of creation and a most charitable man with his knowledge, and a kind hearted soul in my experience. Likely if he felt something was "stupid" it must have worked long and hard to get under his skin. I would except his judgement on face value. 

If I may comment please, with all due respect.

-The OP wrote that Ortofon admitted to the manufacturing error. 

-Also, he was complimenting Nelson Pass, not insulting him.

If Ortofon was as concerned as some members on here for their high standing- they should have helped this cat out of a jam.

Regards,
gary