Ortofon bronze PNP ALERT!!!!!

I purchased a PNP Bronze from a member who said it was less than two months old.
Its the one with the integrated headshell for SME mount or can be used without headshell on a Rega type arm.
Well,I undid the screws and was pulling off the tags,<I've been in Analog since mid seventies and own about 20
cartridges>Anyway the pins coming out of the cartridge body pulled right out.
  This has never happened even on my cheapest junk cartridge.
The seller had a reciept from Turntable Needles and Ortofon said they are not authorized dealer.
They also said it was clearly a manufacturing issue and should have not happened.

Meanwhile,they say I should go after seller for a refund.Well its not the sellers fault and I won't do that.
Neither is it mine,I've removed headshell wires hundreds of times and know what I'm doing.

What amazes me is how PETTY and Crappy a well known respected long time company can be.
ITs amazing that a company like Bryston can offer warranty work to the tenth owner in the 19th year and these
people won't even stand behind a obvious Quality Control DEFECT
Just a word of caution to Ortofon customers,think twice.
Steve

soundsgood05

Showing 2 responses by ml8764ag

If defending someone from an absolutely merit less claim makes you a cheerleader. ..then I guess I'm happy to be a cheerleader.

What's at work here is a twisted sense of ego and entitlement. 

Sorry, I rule for the defendant (Ortofon )....cart was bought used from a person who purchased from an unauthorized seller...the mfg. has no responsibility here.

If you buy grey market...you assume the risk in doing so. What part of "you don’t get something for nothing" confuses people?

With that being said...I wonder how some of these unauthorized sellers get their stock... I have the feeling that, in some cases, the manufacturers have no qualms about taking money from unauthorized sellers...while looking down upon them.

(For the record: I do understand that some GM sales are out of control of the mfg. Eg. Out of country purchased, imported on side... but don’t believe mfgs go out of their way to stop it...sales without warranty obligation works very well in their favor)