Orthos Spectrum AR-2000 Power Requirements

Hello,

i recently picked up an Ortho Spectrum AR-2000 that’s on its way from Japan.

Does anyone know if I can just plug this unit in or do I need a step-down voltage converter for it?

If I need a converter could anyone suggest one?

Thanks,
brett
128x128brettmcee
When you get it, check the line voltage requirements in the manual.   It might specify 115VAC rather than 100VAC.   If so, you can plug it directly into USA power.   If not, you should get a step up autotransformer.  Send me a private note and I can talk you through how to order one and how to hook it up.   If the unit is specified as 50 Hz rather than 60 Hz, then you can operate it at 60 Hz without a problem, it is going the other direction from 60Hz to 50 Hz that you can have a problem.   Japan has both 50Hz and 60 Hz power, depending on where you are in the country, so it is unlikely they will choose a transformer that won't work at 60 Hz or 50 Hz.  
Hello SpatialKing....please do explain your name!

The AR-2000 is arriving used and will not have any manual. It reportedly had a very cryptic manual in the first place. 

This is the only technical information I have on this item:

Input Impedance: 100 Kohms
Output Impedance: 75 ohms
Audio Input: RCA × 2 unbalanced, XLR × 2 unbalanced
Audio Output: RCA × 2 unbalanced, XLR × 2 unbalanced
Input Level: 0.75V typical
Frequency response: 5Hz - 500KHz
Gain: 0dB
Harmonic distortion: Less than 0.01%
Signal-to-noise ratio: Better than 90dB
Crosstalk attenuation: Below noise 20 to 20KHz
Maximum insulate voltage: AC3KV RMS
Power consumption:
AC230V 50/60Hz 4.5W & AC100V 50/60Hz
4.5W
Weight: 2.1 kg
Dimensions: 48.3(W) × 50(H) × 27.5(D) cm
 http://stereotimes.com/acc091900.shtml

I have purchased a step down converter that seems well reviewed for audio purposes from Amazon. I hope it does the trick.

Please let me know what you think.