Orange DIVO VT1000 tube tester

Any of you tube freaks have an opinion yet on this gizmo? It comes from the Guitar/Amp geek world and lists at maybe 500 bucks but may be useful. Youtube videos abound so please look at some and respond...go on...do it now...I'll be waiting right here!
wolf_garcia
It's a lot of money ($500) for the limited range of tubes it tests. For me it would have to measure 6SN7s and the 6DJ8-6922 family of tubes. I also see that it cant test 4 pin tubes. Others have noted that it doesn't test rectifiers otherwise they were on track. It does test the output tubes I have used or am using and it does test the 12A-7 tubes, that many preamps are based on.
It is hard to understand the scale they employ which goes from 1 to 15. They don't say if the higher number means a stronger emission or transconductance or what it might signify.
We will have to wait and see if the tester has a lower street price and gains wide acceptance. If it becomes a widely used tester the results may have comparitive meaning.
It does seem like an expensive "dumbed down" tube tester. Somebody should design a universal tester with a USB interface that costs a lot less...and displays test results on your computer in a way that's easy to understand.