Options on a new DAC for my Sony 333ES SACD player

I need advise on which dac I should go with to upsample my redbook cd playback on the 333ES SACD player. This player was modified by Dan at Modwright. He did a great job but I would like to see if I can improve the redbook performance even more with a 192kHz upsampler. My choices are, Musicality Fidelity A-324 DAC, Bel Canto 2 DAC and the Perpetual Technology P1A& P3A combo. Any input will be welcome. My system includes. Audible Illusions M3A preamp. Sony333ES SACD player, Ps Audio P-300, Bryston 4BST, Vienna Acoustic Mahler's, and Harmonic Technology Pro9 Plus speakers cables,and Pro silway II interconnects. Thanks in advance.

jchi.
jchi

Showing 1 response by pardales

I am using this player as well (unmodded) and am serioulsy considering a high quality one box cd player (like a used levinson 39 or Cary 306/200) with a digital input so I can have the benefit of a top quality single disc transport and better DAC.

I imagine you would do well with any of the DAC's you mentioned. Obviously, listening to different DAC's, when possible in your own system, is your best bet.