Opting for no CDP -- only to regret it?

Anyone else find that this happened? I've got all my CDs on a hard drive in a lossless format, and was happily accessing it all via my Squeezebox Touch playing through an outboard DAC. At other times, I was spinning vinyl records, grooving to the tunes the old-fashioned way. Sold one CDP. Then another. Finally, my third and last. Which is just fine, most of the time.
Except when I get a new CD and just want to listen to it. Having to rip it first sometimes feels like so much damn fuss. Or when I feel I'm not exactly getting all I might from some of my favorite HDCDs. Wish then I could just pop one of Neil Young's Archives discs into an appropriate player.
Anyone else venture down the road without a CD player only to turn back and get one again? Anyone else have occasional regrets but just decided to accept the new, CDP-free world?
Regards,
-- Howard
hodu

Showing 1 response by ml8764ag

NO regrets, NONE.

Respectfully: Which is more fuss...burning a new one to your library...or constantly searching through hundreds of cds for a specific cd or a song when the mood strikes you?

I'm the opposite, I'll NEVER EVER go back to a CDP. And believe me I'm a "set in my ways" type of person, who resisted 'digital music.'

I've achieved much better sound with a lossless source a Vlink and a decent stand-alone DAC that I ever did with stand alone CD players of comparable or even greater value.

If I want to hear something immediatey, without burning to library...I have that option too.

I have yet to think of a single drawback... there's nothing nostalgic to me about cold plastic media.