Opting for no CDP -- only to regret it?

Anyone else find that this happened? I've got all my CDs on a hard drive in a lossless format, and was happily accessing it all via my Squeezebox Touch playing through an outboard DAC. At other times, I was spinning vinyl records, grooving to the tunes the old-fashioned way. Sold one CDP. Then another. Finally, my third and last. Which is just fine, most of the time.
Except when I get a new CD and just want to listen to it. Having to rip it first sometimes feels like so much damn fuss. Or when I feel I'm not exactly getting all I might from some of my favorite HDCDs. Wish then I could just pop one of Neil Young's Archives discs into an appropriate player.
Anyone else venture down the road without a CD player only to turn back and get one again? Anyone else have occasional regrets but just decided to accept the new, CDP-free world?
Regards,
-- Howard
hodu

Showing 1 response by cruz123

Except when I get a new CD and just want to listen to it. Having to rip it first sometimes feels like so much damn fuss.

My CD player's transport has been malfunctioning for about a year and I haven't missed it. I still play music via the players DAC, but I haven't missed spinning discs.

In fact, I hardly even buy CD's anymore. I've ripped my whole collection to hard drive, so its at my fingertips when I need it. When I want to listen to new music, I just access the CD via Rhapsody or MOG and save it to my favorites and I can listen to it anytime I want - for free but for the monthly fee, which is less than the cost of a single CD. As long as I have access to the music via MOG or Rhapsody, I don't really seen the need to "own" most music anymore. I'm happy to just "borrow" it via these various streaming services.