Oppo Vs Esoteric

Folks,
I would like to acknowledge the fact that I have heard the Esoteric players at AXPONA and coupe of other places. But my question is how much better is a Esoteric K-07X or K-05X compared to the Oppo UDP-205? I know that the Oppo UDP-205 is a killer machine for $1300. But it is a Jack Of All Trades, while the Esoteric is (soft of) Master Of One. So in that sense, can anyone let me know if it is really worth spending $$$$$ on the Esoteric (or a Marantz SA-10 or Luxman) compared to the Oppo?
Please share your experiences if you have compared the Oppo UDP-205 to any high end CD/SACD player.
Thanks!
128x128milpai
I started a nearly identical thread a while ago, comparing Marantz reference line disc players to the Oppo. I was extremely suspicious of the media hype for the oppo, and many of the responses I received were similar to here. If you want two channel reference, you can’t compare a dedicated player to the Oppo. Although the Oppo is good, you get what you pay for.
I heard oppo 205 is best in Blu-ray, the rest are fine but not superb. But the modwright oppo  205 apparently is much better overall, but seems to concentrate on 2-ch output tube stage with separate PS for it. The m-ch part is not really changed much, so not for me. If I want best 2-ch stereo there are many old and new 2 ch players. I heard the PS audio memory player is superb for cd/SACD 
Also I find it interesting modwright oppo 205 beats PS Audio DS but then perhaps oppo works better with PCM? PS audio converts all to DSD, not necessarily good for all PCM. Then also the tube effect of oppo may help a lot. 
Start OPPO 105, with Tidal and Digital Concert Hall App installed, it become an instant music video audio streamer. Lossless music. Use your iphone or ipad to select the music.