Oppo Ceasing production

Just visited Oppo's web site.  They are ceasing production of all their products and will only do warranty work and firmware support for their products.  They no longer have the resources to manufacture new products.  Didn't see this one coming.
128x128stereo5
Odd, I already see some heavy price gouging on eBay for OPPO. And then I see some dropping prices, guess we have two schools of thought here.
1/Usually the case when somebody or something "dies", prices rise.....
2/ Some dealers probably don't want to be stuck with stock they maybe think they cannot shift.
Interesting.
Maybe I will wait for the crazies to clear out
I called Oppo yesterday afternoon.  They said that they have enough money in the bank to either develop new product or provide support/warranty on existing products for the next few years; they can't do both.  Do to slower sales and higher cost of parts, they didn't see a future in new products.  They don't think that they can generate enough sales going forward to keep the company going.  I think they did the right/honorable thing and decided to put customer satisfaction first.

I myself, have owned/own three Oppo products.  I've never had a problem with any of them.  I've never even had a reason to call them for anything; the products just worked!  I'm shocked and saddened by their announcement.  At least they'll walk off into the sunset with their heads held high.
I may just have to have all my sacd’s transferred to digital drive. I have a 103 that is still running strong. 
I'm glad I ordered my Oppo from Amazon on 4/2/18, because the very next day, Amazon listed the 205 as unavailable.  I was thinking my order was going to be cancelled, but it appears to have been shipped.  Hope it gets here in one piece, because I doubt I'll be able to get a replacement if it doesn't.