Oppo BDP-105 and Qnap TS-251A

I have recently bought a Qnap TS-251A NAS and attached it to my home network. My Oppo BDP-105 sees the Qnap and all its files on the network and, using the Oppo Media App, I can play the music files. I do not know what path the signal takes from ethernet cable in to the stereo audio out on the BDP-105. Does it go though the DAC?

The Qnap has 3 HDMI ports. It would seem to make more sense to attach the Qunap to the coaxial DAC input of the BDP-105 so that I can be certain of a direct path through the Oppo DAC. Does this make sense? Is this possible?
ifanpayne

Showing 2 responses by ifanpayne

Thanks both, very helpful. Noble, it sounds as thought you now have your NAS connected to the Oppo  by direct ethernet cable, that is from the router to NAS to Oppo. Is this right?

I currently run a cable from my router to the NAS, and another from the router to the Oppo. There is only one ethernet port on the Oppo 105 so if you are running an ethernet cable from the NAS to the Oppo they are linked to the network in series. Is this what you are suggesting?