OPPO BDP 103/105, sound quality???

I'm looking for player that will play Blu-ray, SACD, DVD-audio and CD's.
That also sounds pretty great. I realize with a budget of $1K, I'm not going
to get Esoteric sound. But there must be "Universal" options
that sound pretty damn good? Any help would be appreciated.

markeetaux

Showing 1 response by oddiofyl

Get a 105,  I think you have 30 days to try it out.   Had I not already had a great DAC I would have bought the 105,  but with a kid in college the 103D was exactly what I was looking for...   The 105 has a great DAC in it plus it has every input and output you would need.  I could have justified the cost of the 105 if I didn't have a NAD M51 DAC.   I was just looking for a great universal transport I could afford.  Most of what I use it for is pulling .wav and FLAC files from my hard drive, Netflix,  and Pandora.... when it's quiet here I'll spin some of my favorite discs.

The 103 sounds pretty good through its analog outputs, I listen to the analog at night and with HDCDS,   I like how I can use the Android app to see my hard drives Playlist and see the tracks and cover art on my tablet.   Plus remote volume via the tablet is pretty nice.   For $600 this machine was way beyond my expectations,  i think you would be hard pressed to find a better player than the 105 for the money.

I've had it for two months and love it.  I was able to check it out locally and bought it at a dealer right down the street.   If there's anyone here in southeastern MA or RI you can demo these players at Audio Concepts in N. Attleboro MA