Oppo 981 vs 983 Which Has Better Picture Quality?

The Oppo 981 has DCDi by Faroudja video processing technology with progressive scan, film mode detection, TrueLife™ enhancement and motion adaptive noise reduction. Video is analyzed on a single pixel granularity to detect presence or absence of angled lines and edges, which are then processed to produce a smooth natural looking image without visible artifacts (jaggies). The result is a breath-taking picture with vivid color, fine details, and life-like picture quality.

The Oppo 983 has an advanced video processing featuring "VRS™ by Anchor Bay" technologies. With the DV-983H, OPPO has incorporated Anchor Bay's latest VRS (Video Reference Series) technology. The VRS technology suite includes AutoCUE-C™, Progressive Cadence Detection™, Precision De-interlacing™ and Precision Video Scaling™. The VRS video processor also handles frame rate conversion, aspect ratio control and video zooming. These technologies combine to generate a clearer, smoother, and true-to-life picture free of artifacts.

Which unit has a better picture quality?
ryder

Showing 1 response by mtrot

I am using a Oppo 980. I run a HDMI 1.3a cable from the Oppo to the receiver, then a HDMI>DVI cable from receiver to my Mits CRT RPTV. The TV has to have a HDCP(copy protected) DVI input, in order to get the 1080i signal.