Oppo 980 or Sony 9100ES or Denon 3910 as transport

I have searched the archives and systems for an opinions, but am still asking for more information. I have a Jolida 100A and since I bought a PS Audio Digital Link III, I have been using the Jolida as a transport. Its a waste, really, because it bypasses the tubes. I am looking to sell the Jolida and either use my Oppo 980 or a different transport. I perceived a difference going from the Oppo to the Jolida, subtle but real. I am intrigued by the Sony 9100ES and the Denon 3910. Both around $400 used here on Audiogon. Both are solid and well-built. I don't know which of the three is more reliable and which has the lowest jitter through the coax digital output. For those of you with the any of the three units used solely as transports, have you found them satisfying? Which DAC have you used them with? Any operational quirks or problems? Any other transports going through a DL III that you love? DVD-A is a non-issue, but I do play SACD, currently through the HDMI of my Onkyo, but can use 5.1 analog out of the player. I want to find the Jolida a nice home and find a transport with low jitter and tank-like reliability. Any thoughts?
tgrisham

Showing 1 response by kana813

Tgrisham - I'd wait for the new PSAudio Perfect Wave Transport (PWT). See:

http://www.psaudio.com/newsletters/7-08.asp