OPPO 205 set up questions

I just received my Oppo 205 and have a few questions about setting it up, and need information on some choices in the set up menu. I running it with a Marantz 8802A . I amusing the 7.1 and 2 channel analog connections via RCA to the 7.1 connections on my Marantz.. In the 7.1 configuration I am using the 2 channel analog outputs to the FR and FL of the 7.1 configuration. My questions are the following of which concern the choices in the set up menu:

1- I receive 5.1 for movies and SACD's but cannot receive any 7.1 for movies? Not sure if I dont have somethingset correctly in the Oppo.

2-HDMI AUTO FORMAT- choices LPCM, bitstream, Auto?  

3-STEREO SIGNAL-Front Left/Right or Down Mix Stereo    

not sure what this is about? or really how and what it effects

4-HDMI SPECS--1080p, UHD24HZ, UHD or UHD HDR   (I set mine to UHD HDR on a non 4K TV)

I love the video and sound quality. I was really impressed and it blue away my Rotel 990 cd player and my Pioneer DV 47A SACD playerwhich were pretty decent stuff 20 years ago. OK I'm a little slow to catch up and replace my gear!!   thanks in advance for your advice.

128x128don_1

Showing 1 response by oem-wheels

1) you can receive 7.1 if only there’s 7.1 in the sound track and you have 7 speakers plus a sub hooked up
2) HDMI out - You choose bitstream if you want another component to do all the audio processing.. Choose LPCM if you want the OPPO to do the audio processing.. if you choose AUTO you’ll let the OPPO to chose which one for you..
3) down mix is when you have , for example, a 5.1 sound track and you want to play it in 2 channel stereo
4) UHD , you only can use this if your TV is UHD capable