oppo 105 vs 103

Im interested in the oppo 105 as a source for cd and sacd in an two channel stereo only capacity. Recently I read in stereophile in an article by Kal rubinson that the oppo 103 also had good sound quality. It is five hundred dollar cheaper so I was wondering how close to the 105 it is? Can anyone who has heard both tell me the difference.
normk
Certainement! My position is that there are only small differences among quality electronic components within a category (unless the manufacturer voiced with vehemence). Even via the analog outs, I could live with either the 103 or the 105 and, via HDMI, could not choose between them for sound quality.

Speaker choice, speaker/room setup and room acoustics are so much more influential, imho.
I have a 103. Its a great blue ray player and a fine multi-channel audio player. It is not an audiophile class 2 channel player... doesn't have the detail and dynamics needed.
thanks for all the replies, I have decided to go with the 105 or maybe another choice the marantz sa-8004.
I was in the same place as the OP and went with the 105. I can say that it is detailed and musical.

I compred it to an in house audtion with an Esoteric unit costing 5 times more and decided to save $4K.

There was not that big of difference, The Esoteric might have seemed to have a little bit weight to the sound.
I needed a new transport for my Dac but didn't want to go with a "Pure transport" only [for flexibility purposes] so I debated between the 103 and the 105. I first picked up the 103 then shortly afterwards decided I wanted to have the music-making ability of the 105 in case my dac was out to lunch one day and still wanted good music in the meantime, so I returned the 103 and now have the 105. Yes, it seems a bit pricey just to use its coax output but I am using it exclusively for 2 channel audio only (No video, no computer...nothing else) and the heavier chassis and [potentially] sturdier drive mechanism also swayed me. Unfortunately I don't have it hooked up to a tv or computer monitor and all the "autoplay" features and "remembering where I was on the disc" crap is being a real PIA when all I want to do is simplify it down to play/stop/start and maybe "next or previous". For THAT reason I regret the purchase so far but otherwise it seems to do its job ok through the Dac.