Oppo 105 or DAC

My 2.1 audio system consists of the Emotiva XPA-5 amp, USP-1 pre-amp, and their ERC-2 CD Player.

I have an iMac and it is not connected to my audio system yet as I am trying to figure out the best way to do it.

This system will mostly be for listening to music which comprises of iTunes, cd's, sacd's, and concerts dvd's and blue ray.

My question is if you had this system would you go ahead and purchase the Oppo 105 and use it as your DAC and disc player or would you suggest something different?

buckeye88us
If you want to play SACD and Blu-ray you're going to need a player. I have the 105 and like it a lot. I have ripped a lot of CDs to my Mac and I play them through the DAC in the 105, or of course I can put the disc in the player, so I have a lot of options. I also have a Halide DAC but that's kind of redundant since I got the Oppo. If it's within your budget I say go for it.
Thanks Malcolm for the response. I have numerous CDs to rip to my MAC also so glad to hear from you. Will be purchasing the 105 this weekend!
Sell the ERC-2 and replace it with the Oppo 105. It will sound at least as good on CDs + it plays back many more formats (SACD, DVD-Audio, Bluray, etc., etc.) and it operates as a stand-alone DAC for use with your Mac. Net cost to you will be well under a grand.

PS: I also have an Emo XPA-5 and their UMC-1 and really like 'em! Emo is the best value on the market today - good-sounding, well-made products with a 5-year warranty and super low prices...

-RW-
Hightechredneck,
Was your Oppo 105 that the Campbridge humiliated a stock version or modified?
Allow me to suggest something different. use an Oppo-103 or Oppo-105 as a DLNA Renderer for your iMac with a good Media Controller program of your choosing; the DAC of your choice with the Oppo of your choice. Spend more time playing music and less time aggravated over PC audio quirks. I'm running the Oppo 103 into a Metrum Octave, after buying it originally for blue ray and then stumbling into how much simpler and better it is for digital audio media.
I have the Oppo and when I connect the iMac all works well for about 2 minutes and then the Oppo stops "seeing" the iMac. Pity, because it sounds well until this happens. I did a firmware update that was supposed to fix it and the fix lasted about 2 days. I was offered to send it back but I just started using the iMac with the Digital Ins on my Denon CD/SACD player and I left it at that.
Thar's using the Oppo as the control point... I don't recommend that, weak interface. Use the Mac as your media server control point feeding music to the Oppo via DLNA Use the hardwire Ethernet ports with static IP's to make the DLNA setup fast. I discovered what was making mine erratic on setup time... make sure after defining the Oppo as local Ethernet for network that its not in screen saver mode when you try to launch the DLNA media player program on your PC or Mac