Oppo 103 and stand alone DAC

I have a Oppo 103D and I just purchased a PS Audio Digilink DAC. I hooked it up with balanced cables to my ARC preamp and it will play CD’s but not SACD’s. What am I doing wrong?
128x128ssand1
The 103 should output SACD in  24/88k through it's digital out as long as the greatest bit depth and sampling rate is chosen in the set up
In the manual it's stated that SACD is not available through optical/coaxial output.  It's available through the HDMI output, but your DAC does not have HDMI input.

That's correct.  The 103 will only output pure SACD (DSD) digital signals over an HDMI cable.  Only certain HT processors and receivers will be able to receive and decode DSD over HDMI.

If you want to play SACD and have your PS Audio DAC play them, you will have to configure the Oppo to convert the SACD data to regular PCM data before playing on the coaxial digital output.

Setup Menu => Audio Format Setup => Coaxial/Optical Output => set to "192k LPCM"

Setup Menu => Audio Format Setup => SACD Output => set to "PCM"

Give this a shot and let us know if it works.

You can look for a Vanity HD card for the Oppo. The right options will output DSD over SPDIF. 

You will loose the multi-channel analog outs though.

Erik