Opinionson Electrocompaniet EC-1 MK IV CD player

It's time to change a CD player (my current CD player is Cary CD-308T that I purchased in 2004). Last summer it was repaired by a tech, and he also promised to replace a lense when he has time.  

My candidates are Unison Researh Unico Primo and Magnat MCD-1050 (the latter one is equipped with two 6922 tubes). Another option is Gold Note CD 1000 player, which is much more expensive but I know the local GoldNote dealer.
Yesterday I visited a local audio store where heard a demo Electrocompaniet EC-1 MK IV CD player. It is sold at a discount because MK-V version appeared a year ago.
I had a mixed impression: on the one hand, the EC player has a deep bass and a very wide and warm midrange. It's hard to describe in words, but the sound is consistent and liquid at the same time. On the other hand, when we played a Jimmy Smith "Respect/Livin' it Up" CD (Verve/Universal, 2010 issue), the highs were not so rounded and airy as they are in Cary CD-308T. 
So far, I made a conclusion that the EC player is obviously better than my current CDP, but it is rather a step sideways than an updrade. In addition, it is overpriced ($4000+).
I will appreciate your comments. 
unison77
Why spend $4K? My current fav CDP is the Marantz CD67 from 1997! Cost: $200! A superb CD player! So what it was made in the 20th Century! SQ is competitive with today's four-figure players - and separate DACs! 
At the level where you're looking, the Marantz SA-KI Ruby would fit the bill and provide the kind of sonic presentation you're seeking.