Opinions on the Dynavector DV507MKII

Got plenty of good feedback on my super platter questions; so here's another point to ponder. Anyone have experience with the Dynavector DV507MKII tonearm on an Aries 3? My shop favors this tonearm for the Aries. I've auditioned this setup in the store and it definitely sounded better than my current Scout...

thx
StickMan451
stickman451

Showing 3 responses by fosse

Just got to say that I love the 507MKII as well. I use it with an Acutus and XV-1s, I used to have a Te Kaitora Rua, but in my system and after my preferences, the XV-1s was a much better match (other people/systems my like the Te Kaitora Rua better).

I have the standard Dynavector headshell with azimuth (15g) an older Dynavector without azimuth (12-12,5g), Yamamoto Ebony (10,2g) and Yamamoto Tsunge (8,2g), it's well worth the investment, which is small after all, to experiment a bit with headshells since the sound changes a lot. I don’t know if the sound differs mostly because of different mass or material.
Congratulations StickMan. Please let us know as soon as it arrives.

What cartridge are you going to use it with?
The Te Kaitora Rua is good, no doubt about it. I’ve had both the T.K.R and the XV-1s. Never heard the T.K.R on the Scout but a friend of mine has a SuperScoutMaster with the longer arm and a XV-1s, nice combination. With the 507MKII it shouldn’t be a problem anyway. Keep us posted as soon as it shows up.