I am considering upgrading my pre amp. My system is as follows:
Sonic Frontiers SFL2
VAC Renaissance 70 MKlll
Klyne 7 PX3.5 phono
Verity Parsifal Encores
Basis Debut
Graham 2.0
Clearaudio Accurate
Dedicated room with much attention to details (wires, set up, isolation)

The weak link in my system is the SFL2 preamp. I am considering the following:
BAT 30SE
BAT 50SE
Wyetech Opal
Hovland
Emotive Sira

Anyone familiar with these items.
Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Thank You
bkonig
I would suggest that you also consider the First Sound line up of preamps. I have a Paramount and have been extremely happy with it.
I would suggest the Opal. I have found this preamp to be a very quiet, excellent performer.It's build quality is topnotch and it's soundstage is very robust and lifelike. Although it's a tube preamp, it is not overly rich or warm sounding.I use it with SS mono-blocks, but it would be just at home with your VAC.Based on your comments about isolation and a dedicated room, I think you would be very pleased with the Opal's presentation, finesse,frequency response, clarity,top to bottom extension and it's ability to produce low frequency tones with definition & body.(You should hear an acoustic bass in a jazz trio!!)

Ken
What are you looking to accomplish with the change out? That would be a good thing to know.
I'm currently using an Audio Valve Eklipse. Audio Valve is a German company and doesn't do much promotion here in the States (imported by Victor Goldstein's Fanfare), but this preamp is fantastic -- some serious audiophiles (reviewers and manufacturers) are huge fans and owners. The transparency and dynamics are stupendous -- in fact, I sat in my listening room this evening with a leading speaker designer and we were wowed. There is a matching issue -- some amps don't work well with the Eklipse, with the result that you hear upper midrange glare -- but if you get a good match, you'll be amazed. Good luck.
Gregm - I am not a big fan of the klyne line stage. I compared the cat W/Phono to the klyne with SFL2 and found the Klyne SFL2 far superior.

Czbbcl - I have owned and tried various CJ amps and preamps. They are not my cup of tea (very nice but too thick, opaque, not a clear enough window). However, I haven't heard their newest lines.

Kana813 - I have tried various amps. The VAC is a 65 watt powerhouse and is one of the most stunning pieces I have ever owned. When I compared the SFL2 to a first class passive, I heard how electronic and grungy the SFL2 really was. However, the passive did not have enough gain or dynamics. I am very happy with my Klyne.

Celery - Although the system sounds super, I am looking for greater purity, transparency and realism. I know that my VAC is on a different level than the SFL2.

Thanks everyone for your input