Opinions on Marsh P2000 preamp?

Thinking of buying one please give me your thoughts if you would. Thank you.

Rick
golfnut

Showing 1 response by soix

I'll echo Sean's experience. I substituted the Marsh in my system for my longtime Rotel preamp and the difference was absolutely amazing. I've had several very good stereo preamps in my system and none of them came close to the incredibly and naturally detailed sound and quiet backdrop of the P2000. By comparison it made the Rotel sound relatively hashy, bright, and unnatural.

Then something interesting happened. I substituted a different pair of speakers(more sensitive and more revealing with metal tweets) and my system became way too bright. Plugging my Rotel back in made everything sound much more balanced. I don't know if there was some hookup problem or what, and I'll plug the Marsh in again to see if this was an aberration. That aside I'd have to say the Marsh is one of the best preamps I've heard IN THE RIGHT SYSTEM. I've never heard a preamp change character as much as this before, and I'm hoping there was something else at work here. I'll post again when I have more info. In general, build and parts quality seem way above what you should expect at this price point and is at least worth checking out if you can find one. If it works in your system it can be pure magic. Best of luck.

Tim