Opinions on Marsh P2000 preamp?

Thinking of buying one please give me your thoughts if you would. Thank you.

Rick
golfnut

Showing 2 responses by sdcampbell

I must preface this comment by saying that I have no direct, personal experience with this preamp. Two audio mags (1 US and 1 British), however, that have done reviews on this preamp were not terribly impressed with it. Neither said it was mediocre -- just not up to the same performance standards as the Marsh amps. Before you buy, I'd try to get in some audition time, preferably in your home system. There are lot of good preamps available right now in the $1500-2500 price bracket, both tube and solid state design, so listen to as many as you reasonably can before making a final decision.
Hi, Sean:

I have always respected your posts, and find your comments to be "bang on". Hence, your comments are very interesting.

As I conceded, I have not heard this preamp (although I have heard the Marsh 400 amp), so your observations about its performance are significant. As I have said many times in this forum -- trust your own ears. The corollary to that rule is: always take audio reviews with a grain of salt...