Opinions, Is this better for the Members?

What do you guys think about the new Audiogon feedback rating system. At the end of the process and a remedy is not reached will it be possible to leave a negative feedback on a member. Below is the new policy.

"This system is being implemented so that transactions are verified by both parties prior to posting of Feedback. It provides documentation of a given transaction and allows both members to review the feedback involved before any feedback is posted. Consequently, any disagreements arising from such transactions can be mediated from a basis of fact. Furthermore, this system increases the value of Feedback as one criterion by which to judge the standing of fellow members.
The old system allowed any member to post feedback when certain written criteria were met. Now, feedback will not be posted until both members agree that there was a transaction. Also, in the past, if a member did not agree with feedback given, they only had the option to file a dispute to get it removed. Now, they can disagree with the proposed feedback before it is posted."
jea48
Get rid of the "Price Paid." This is NOBODY'S business besides the buyer and seller.
I totally agree with Granny Bill! Go back! The "test" was not a success. Too many steps. Lastly, I really dislike that the users name does not get "pre-populated" into the field when you go from "member lookup" to "leave feedback".

Enjoy,

TIC
Tom In Cincinnati
"Reubent" if you need to supply my user name because the system doesn't do it for you anymore.........
Audiogon Management should take a page out of the Coke playbook and abandon this new feedback format. It has too many negatives to ever succeed - IMO.
It would be nice to see a format where sellers or buyers who deserve negentive or neutral feedback get it rather than having feedback watered down to the point where it is meaningless.
Post removed