Opinions Creek Classic 5350SE vs. Rotel RX-1052

I have a bad case of upgradophilia and have been advised to treat with moderation. It all started when I added a Hydra to the system. I currently have a pair of Dynaudio 52SE speakers, a Rotel RX-1052 reciever and RCD 1072 CD player. I also use a VPI HW19Jr. TT with a Dynavector 10X5 cartridge. I was very happy until I added the Hydra and Shunyata power cords. Now my little speakes sound 10feet tall, deep tight base, tremendous detail and greatly expanded depth of soundstage. I want more. I don't have a lot of money but some. I am considering replacing the Rotel, a very fine reciever with a new Creek Classic 5350SE. Any thoughts? Also do you think that this amp would support a pair of Special 25's down the road. And perhaps more importantly, is there a 12 step program for this affliction. Thanks, Dav
davt

Showing 1 response by davt

Well, I hooked up the classic. Wow, wow, wooow wow wow. Boy do these little Dynaudio 52SE speakers have base, tight full feel it in your chest base, and highs, bright and clear. I can hear a guitar string vibrate. and mids and well a more coherant review will be forthcomming. Anybody have an opinion on tuners?