Opinions - Best Sound at T.H.E. Newport 2013 Show?

So far I haven't seen a lot of commentary posted about last weekend's Newport show. I am interested in what anyone else thought was the best sounding room or most interesting product.

I was not impressed by most of the sound or products at this years show. I know that I'm generalizing, but I found the sound in most rooms to be mediocre at best. The rooms that were using room correction seemed to sound better, for the most part.

In my opinion, the best sound by far was in the EARO room. They had a rather simple setup, using Dirac room correction software. I thought that the sound from the 5" driver "Ulf" speakers was nothing short of amazing. I am seriously considering ordering a pair of these for my living room - if the sound as good as they did at the show I will be a happy camper.

I also enjoyed the sound in the SimpliFi room with the Klangwerk speakers. They were using their own DSPeaker correction hardware device.

Finally, I thought that the dc10Audio Berlin speakers were very interesting. I would like to hear them again, since the setup was less than optimal and the largish room was noisy, but the warm, lush horn sound was very different from the audio pablum produced in most of the other rooms.

Any other opinions?
bodotes

Showing 1 response by drubin

It was a great show for me. Not so sure about all of the exhibitors, but
hopefully good for them too.

There were a lot of rooms I liked. Of course we all like different things
and rooms can sound different on different days and at different times.
Some standouts for me, in no particular order:

YG Acoustics and Tenor
YG Acoustics and MSB
Sonus Faber and Ayre
High Water Sound
Gene Rubin Audio (Harbeth and LFD)
Venice Audio (Harbeth and Leben)
Red Wine Audio, Bricasti, Harbeth
Vivid and Mola Mola
Sanders
Silverline Sonatina w/ CJ and BEL
AudioMachina w/ Coffman Labs and Manley