Opinions about upgrade

Hello all, 

This is my first message, im very happy to be here. 

I want to upgrade my proac d18 speakers. I like them, but i wanna a better speaker. My amp is hegel h160. I have some speakers in my mind like Spendor d7, Graham ls5/9 and harbeth super hl5+. I have not auditioned them so far. I want to hear your opinions about this upgrade. Thanks in advance. 

spitzer45
Hello and welcome spitzer45,

First, your Hegel h160 is a very good integrated amp that I'd think are a good match with the Proac D18s.  It may be a good match but I also understand the urge to upgrade or just be curious about what other speakers would sound like in your system.
     I often get this urge myself, whether it's speakers or other audio components, and my intention is not to discourage you but to suggest you find a local dealer that would allow you to audition some alternative speakers in your home and system. 
     It would help to know your budget, room size and music listening preferences(types of music and typical volume levels you listen at.).
     Just off the top of my head, I'd recommend considering the Kef LS50 as an affordable option and the Swiss Boenicke Audio W5 as a more expensive option.  These are both bookshelf type speakers and I think your current Proacs are floorstanders.  Do you have a preference?

Tim
what do you find lacking w current speakers ? changing flavors is easy...and random......improving takes a bit more work, but IMO worth the work...