Opinion on what power route I should go...$3000

I am in a little bit of a dilemma, I have two options both costing about the same. Music is my primary concern, I could...

a) Purchase a Benchmark DAC-1 and a high quality 2-channel amplifier, use the DAC-1 as a pre-amp and DAC connected via balanced interconnects. No remote and lack of inputs are my only concern.

or

b) Purchase a high end integrated w/remote however the CDP will be of lower quality.

Not sure which would yield better results.
slov_dream
Option a? Then go to reflectionaudio.com and ask about Benchmark mods, then start saving up for one of his preamps.
You could also look at the Grace 902m. It is more money than the Benchmark, but it does come with a remote.

See John Mark's comments at Stereophile.
I am doing option A myself & have been for over a year. I have no complaints. I only listen to digital sources anyway so it does not bother me at all. The Benchmark is a very capable pre-amp if you are only concerned with digital sources.
Take option A and add a high quality balanced preamp down the road (when you can afford it) for the remote capability and the extra inputs...
Well, if Music is your main concern; It seems like b) is the only choice that would compromise that requirement. If not getting out of yoru chair was more important than music, I would go with b). Otherwise - a)